Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The 24-Hour Comic Dare

Scott McCloud


Scott McCloud is one of my favorite authors and the most famous comic book scholar in the world.  He is the author of Making Comics, Understanding Comics, and Reinventing Comics, all non-fiction graphic books about the history, function, art, and business of comic books.  He is also the author of his own fictional series, Zot!  But, for the purposes of this post, he is the innovator of the 24-hour Comic Dare.

http://scottmccloud.com/4-inventions/24hr/dare/index.html

I mentioned this briefly in our Monday meetinging, and thought it might be interesting to you guys.  Perhaps you'd like to test yourself and try it out.  I know I've been contemplating for awhile, but can never seem to find the time.  I plan to seriously discuss the possiblility of trying this out as a group in our next meeting.  Not that I would ever make something so challenging mandatory, but I'm fascinated with the possibilities.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment