Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Excitement! Movie Night Announcement






In light of the release of The Dark Knight Rises and all the hub-bub surrounding it, I have decided that as our special end-of-first-year treat, we will be watching Batman Begins followed by The Dark Knight!  Because, you know....Batman.




Movie night is going to be on Friday, August 17th, right before school starts back (at least at ASU), and will take place in the library's Round Room.  Begins will start at 6:00 pm, so you need to be here in the building before the library doors are closed to the public.  Probably best to try and be here by 5:30.  If you DO end up late, entry will be granted from the side Round Room door on Madison.  If you are under the age of 18, you will need a parental permission slip to attend.  If you are a parent hoping to allow your child to attend, please be aware of the content of the films.  According to my calculations, if we watch the films back-to-back, we should be done around 11:00 pm.

Please feel free to bring popcorn and snacks!  We can prepare these in the Round Room kitchen!

On a personal note, I'd like to thank everyone who attended during Graphic Content's first year.  Teaching(?) and writing about graphic novels has become one of my greatest passions, and I've had a lot of fun with all of you.  I really look forward to our next year of books, especially since at this point, I feel like I've got all of the bugs worked out of our lending and information system.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment