Monday, August 19, 2013

The End

Today is my last day as an employee of the Craighead County Public Library.  Whether or not Graphic Content was a huge success in terms of numbers (decidedly not), it was still a huge success to and for me.  I did not reach as wide of an audience as I wanted, but I did reach a few, and I did introduce a lot of people to books that they loved, which they would never have looked at otherwise.  I did get people who did not have a lot of other social interaction out of the house, and talking to others.  And it did bring me a lot closer to a very special group of friends.

So, as of today, this blog is officially dead.  I will be leaving it up, so that the archive of reviews and the Recommended Reading list will still be available.  But don't despair!  I have began a new blog (Clang! Pow! Zap! on Tumblr), which will not only host reviews on comics, but also reviews on movies, shows, games, and all other sorts of nerdy miscellany.  I will be sharing writing duties with my husband Doug, who is really super awesome.   

Keep reading those comics kids.  You might just learn something.

- Paisley

1 comment: